Institute for Peace, Security & Development (IPSED)
The Institute for Peace, Security & Development (IPSD) is a nonprofit research institute based in Somalia dedicated to promote, peace and security, research and Economic development.
Institute for Peace, Security & Development (IPSD) mission is to be a leading institute for knowledge and skill based in the field of peace , security and economic development to be recognised as a reliable institution for academic and research excellence. IPSD work is independent of vested interests and partisan influences. IPSD act as an intellectual centre creating space for principles-centric and results-oriented dialogue. The Mission of IPSD is to offer demand based education capacity training in the specialised field of peace and security to students and other stakeholders, as well as adoptive peace and security through research, dialogue and other outreach activities in Somalia.
The idea to form this Institute in 2016, having realised the gap to promote peace and security philosophies to Somali community in a more premeditated and organised manner.
In July 2016 the organisation was registered as a non-profit organization in the Ministry of Planning, Investment and Economic development of Puntland State in Somalia. Moreover, IPSED provide timely and reliable analysis, practical training and technical assistance to universities, governments as well as civil society.
Our task is to participate the institutional building and rediscover truly Somali values to represent them to contemporary Somali society by producing skilled professionals in conflict prevention, management, resolution, peacebuilding, disaster management and promoting the values of a democratic and peaceful society, so that our legacy will help us prosper in a globalised world.
Our focus Area
- Conflict, peace and governance:
- Publishing cutting-edge research work
- Initiating dialogues with governments, lawmakers, businesses and civil society
- Peace operations and peacebuilding
- Providing thought leadership
- Facilitating networking between like-minded individuals
- Organising educational programmes
- Transitional justice and reconciliation
- Professionalism, excellence, and accountability
- Collaboration and partnership
- Democratic governance and human rights
- Knowledge as an asset
- Honesty and integrity
- Respect for diversity and fairness